Built a new PC in hopes of streaming but the quality is even worse somehow?

Thugpants

Hello all, I just recently built a new PC and i was hoping that it would be good enough to stream with a decent quality (1080p 60fps) but somehow its even worse than my old pc with 5 year old parts.

Connection:
98 mbps down
5.8 mbps upload

CPU: 3900x
GPU: RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra
RAM: 16 GB @3200
SSD Harddrive
Windows 10

Stream Sample: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/681008285 (it looks like its not 1080p, kinda fuzzy, and also the frames get choppy quite often.)

LOG: https://obsproject.com/logs/nCrXT6ldL72VzDy7

Thank you for your time <3

Thugpants

I figured out how to fix the fps issue, i dropped the bitrate to 5500 and now its way way better in terms of FPS. still a tad bit blurry though.

Fitey

increasing the bitrate will reduce the pixelation but if it's too high for your upload speed, you'll get dropped frames which is what was happening before

Lawrence_SoCal

I figured out how to fix the fps issue, i dropped the bitrate to 5500 and now its way way better in terms of FPS. still a tad bit blurry though.
You are trying to push almost 100% of rated upload capacity (per your first post). You'll find lots of recommendations NOT to do that. so your mileage may vary. Also, do you have exclusive use of this Internet circuit (or a QoS fixing your allotment)? If not, expected your available bandwidth to vary over time, so give yourself some leaway without dropping frames

BensTechLab

In OBS, go to "View" menu -> "Docks" -> "Stats" to show the stats window (I'm looking at the windows version of OBS while typing this).

On the stats window you can see:
- frames missed due to rendering lag
- frames missed due to encoding lag
- dropped frames (network)
- bitrate

Keep that window open during one of your test streams and take note of these stats to help understand what's happening. As other's mentioned, trying to upload near or at your max upload speed for your internet connection will have variable success. If you set your bitrate to 6Mbps on a 5.8 Mbps upload connection, you will see frequent dropped frames on the stats window.