Building a PC for video production

Mr. Emotion

I’m sorry if this is the wrong place to post this; I’m new to all of this. I’m trying to build a PC for 1080p video production using OBS and a Logitech C920 webcam. I figured I‘ll want it to be able to edit 4K video down the road, and I’ve found plenty of info on builds for that purpose. Here’s one I put together from a guide I found: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/L4nQp8

But I can’t find any info anywhere on what hardware capabilities are needed for shooting/recording in 1080p with a webcam. I was hoping some folks here might be able to provide some guidance.

Lawrence_SoCal

You CPU/GPU needs for shooting/recording 1080p are lower than needed for 4K video editing.
Though when I was recently spec'ing a PC for HoW live streaming, i was looking at a Ryzen 3700 or 3800, and the 1650 Super (TU116) or better (why? GPU encoder). Today, for same money I'd go for the 3800XT versions of the CPU, or if budget is tight, the non XT to save $. Also the B450 motherboard lack the PCIe v4 slots you may end up wanting/needing/using in a few years. For the price on that pcpartpicker, I'd be inclined to a name brand system with warranty for same price. And I'd recommend spending just a little more if you want the PC to be solid performer for a number of years. You are in the right ballpark

I wanted to make sure the PC I purchased had close to 5 years life, hence looking at more than 6core. As reliability is more important than outright performance, I bought a business class PC with 5yr next business day onsite service, which added significantly to cost. But now I don't have to worry/think about it