Question / Help build 0.8.1

Hi Devs;

excited to see how obs is developing,
I do have some questions however about some of the features, mainly about the advanced output tab.

First the audio tracks in the advanced setting , they are only radio buttons and not check boxes.(streaming and recording tab)
So you can only select one audio output?
(so either webcam, or desktop audio , ect) not both/more at the same time.
Or does this work in a different way that i just dont get ?

And i basicly missing some information to see in the main window/title bar of obs what profile/settings im currently using.
If i set both the basic and the advanced settings: what settings will obs use initially? ( i assume the one that is selected?)
(i can imagine that this feature/information display is planned for a later release btw)

And to be honest, it feels a bit odd that the base and output resolution is in a seperate section in the settings. (Video)
Personally i think it would feel more natural if that was under the simple output tab near the encoder settings.

Cheers and thanks for all your work ofcourse
(if you want more info; i'm on irc most of the time)

Hi Greendweller !

About the audio, check the gear aside the mixtable: it allows you to choose which audio goes in which track. THEN in your OBS settings "Output/Advanced", you can choose which track you want to use in your stream and/or your record & which audio quality you want !

Ah yes i understand that procedure now.
It seems tho that the amount of tracks doesn't in,- or decreases when removing/adding audio sources.
(not that i need any extra functionality like that but perhaps someone with more audio sources can make use of more Tracks for different stream setups? (just my 2 cents on it))

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
A "track" in this context is more like an output channel - you can choose which output channel each audio source is output to in the advanced audio properties. Then you can choose which output channel is recorded to your stream or your local recording independently.

Ah i see what thinking error i made. I incorrectly assumed that it was possible to save the different audio tracks to different files at the same time.
(thats why i suggested checkboxes in my op for this and increasing the amount of tracks).
The naming labels in the advanced output audio tab made me somehow beleve that that was the case. My mistake ofcourse.

On that regard btw: it seems that setting a name/discription in the audio tab doesn't reflect anywhere else in the menus.
I dont know if that is still in progress but it could be handy if, the names that you set in the audio tab, also reflect back in the streaming and recording tab next to the numbers?