bug with OBS

bloodevil

i may have found a bug with OBS so i've been streaming assassins creed today ( first game ) and there have been these light black flashing in OBS preview and in the stream too not in game its self at all i thought it was nothing so i left it be once i finished streaming i tried another game ( guild wars 2 and waframe ) and i did not get the flashing.

so this i figured hmm maybe try assassins creed 2 and i got it 10X as bad here is a link to a gif of the issue https://i.gyazo.com/4babcaac26969b068ceeaf955c3366f1.mp4

now i tried assassins creed revelations too and got the same result so i moved on to assassins creed 3 and well OBS dont even pick it up at all now i have tried all games in game capture, window capture and display capture and i get the same result some game like assassins creed 1 and 2 and 3 dont run in game capture at all OBS just dont pick it up

i did not have this issue with update 12.0 this issue has only been here since update 12.3

my system is
CPU: i7 4790K
GPU: GTX 770 MSI
RAM: 8GB
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z97A GAMING 7

Attachments

• 2015-12-09 01-43-58.txt
    119.6 KB · Views: 33

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
Looks like something is interfering with the game capture hook. Using any third-party software that creates some type of overlay in the game? I think the Ubisoft/Uplay overlay can even do this sometimes.

Ruhai Hu

I have recently streamed Assassins Creed 2 with no issue, but like Sapiens suggested. I have already disabled all of Uplay's stuff. I do use Steam for mine and Steams FPS counter with no issues the last time I played. Might even check to see if something like Overwolf has its capture stuff active.

I literally disable all of Uplay's "Features" hate that I have to use it but I backup my game saves via gamesave manager to redirect them to my dropbox :D.

DeadPlanet

Reading this thread reminded me that with OBS classic I could only use monitor capture for Cities: Skylines, game capture would not grab the game.
Just tested it with OBS Studio and I'm happy to report that game capture seems to work just fine. (:
Hurray!

bloodevil

Reading this thread reminded me that with OBS classic I could only use monitor capture for Cities: Skylines, game capture would not grab the game.
Just tested it with OBS Studio and I'm happy to report that game capture seems to work just fine. (:
Hurray!
mine is still broke i can not do anything all over lays are off steam raptr and ubisoft/uplay made no difference