[Bug] Copy/Paste Source Fails to Copy Transform Settings When In Group

codemann8

Copying and Pasting a Source is a great time-saving feature. However, if the Source you are wanting to copy is within a Group, when the source is Pasted to another Scene (whether Duplicate or Reference) it will NOT copy over the Transform settings, so the resulting size of the new source will be a 0 by 0 size at position 0x0 with no bounding box or croppings defined.

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Thanks for confirming that this bug exists. It's stored in our bugtracker here and here. I plan to at least figure out which commit causes it later this week.

TonySnark

Thanks for confirming that this bug exists. It's stored in our bugtracker here and here. I plan to at least figure out which commit causes it later this week.
Hey there, it seems this bug is still present. It's really frustrating at times when working on complex scenes with many groups, which is pretty much always for me. Did you hit a dead end on figuring it out back then? Or maybe it could be looked into again? Pretty please, lol

Well, here's a workaround that may be totally dumb. I find groups in general kind of buggy and awkward so I usually create a Scene, and set up my erstwhile group in that scene. Then I put the scene as a source in the main scene, and can move it around as if it were a group.

I find scenes-within-scenes much more useful than groups, but admittedly I haven't actually played with groups nearly as much.