Broswer Source changes but won't display

halioris

Pretty new to the Lua scripting world but have a script running that does everything I need it to to all of my sources, with one annoying exception. I am changing the URL of a browser source, which it does successfully, but the actual visible content does not change. When I go open the browser source up in the UI the URL is there but it does not attempt to actually get the page until I click "OK" in the UI. I tried calling the browser cache refresh in my script which did not work (it doesn't work in the UI either). I literally have to press "OK" to get it to refresh the new site. Below is my code for the browser url update.

Code:
function refreshBrowser(browser_source)
    local properties = obs.obs_source_properties(browser_source)
    local property = obs.obs_properties_get(properties, "refreshnocache")
    obs.obs_property_button_clicked(property, browser_source)
    obs.obs_properties_destroy(properties)
end

function updateBrowserSourceUrl(browser_source, browser_source_name, new_url)
    local settings = obs.obs_source_get_settings(browser_source)
    if settings ~= nil then
        local current_url = obs.obs_data_get_string(settings, "url")
        if current_url ~= nil then
            if current_url ~= new_url then
                print("   updating url for " .. browser_source_name .. " from " .. current_url .. " to " .. new_url)
                obs.obs_data_set_string(settings, "url", new_url)
                obs.obs_source_update(source, settings)
                --refreshBrowser(source) -- did not seem to help
            end
        else
            print("   unable to get url property")
        end
        obs.obs_data_release(settings)
    end
end

Funny thing is even if I hit the "Refresh cache of current page" button in the UI it just refreshes what is in the browser itself (not the URL that is currently there). For example, I had the default obsproject.com link in there and programmatically change it to another URL. When I open up the properties I see the new URL but still the old OBS blue screen as the source, and when I hit "Refresh cache of current page" it just refreshes the obs page.

Is there an event in an API provided by browser-source that has to be called. Suggestions?

halioris

For anyone else that stumbles along this, I finally saw the error. The function took an argument named browser_source, but my obs_source_update updated source. Took me a while of staring to figure that out and sure would have been nice if it would have thrown an error or something.