Question / Help Blurry video if not watched at 1080p monitor in fullscreen

nope.avi

So yeah, question above:

I have to record a tutorial-video about a companys new software that runs over a webinterface on a
specific site on the internet.

For this I use the screen canpure for the whole laptop "monitor" and on the other monitor (a 1680x1050) I have the obs software running and different other folders and such...

The resolution of my monitor where I record from is 1920x1080 and OBS also should record in
that format.

The video looks completly normal if you watch it on a 1920x1080 monitor in fullscreen, but on any other resolution, even on a 1920x1080 monitor if not in fullscreen mode, the video is blurry and it hurts your eyes if you watch it for too long.

little Testvideo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjUDvZWJLl8

Maybe it's just my laptop, but if i watch it on my second monitor or basically not on the 1920x1080 monitor in fullscreen-mode, the video is blurry...

Is their anyway to fix this? I tried recording in a different resolution, but then it's even more blurry or the video isn't even hd...

I made pictures of my settings and attached them, if you need anything else, feel free to ask.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• s.png
    903.7 KB · Views: 52
  • s1.png
    446.4 KB · Views: 93
Taking a guess I'd say your bit rate may be too low. As you aren't trying to stream you can increase the bitrate, 8000 to start with and see if that helps, you may not need to go this high but it's a good quality point for 1080p material.

nope.avi

increased the bitrate to 8000, looks the same on the 1920x1080 monitor in fullscreen, still looks blurry in any other resolution...

Harold

Youtube isn't a good place to upload your example videos since they re-encode every video during their processing, reducing the quality.

Harold

Also, if you're using the variable bitrate settings from the local recording guide (which you appear to be), the bitrate your specify for video is ignored.

nope.avi

Ok didn't know the second thing...
To the first post: even if i watch the normal mp4 file i have on my laptop the quality suffers if not in 1920x1080 fullscreen

nope.avi

Well, yeah...
does nobody have the same problem or knows what could be wrong?

Added the newest logfile, maybe it tells you something...

Edit:
-deleted-

test video, if you want to download and look for yourself, maybe it works on your computer...
hope it works, never used google.drive before

Edit 2: Problem resolved, Link deleted

Attachments

• 2015-08-25 08-58-07.txt
    14 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Looks normal to me. I think you're just seeing downscale aberrations when not watching fullscreen, which is pretty normal.