Blurry text in NDI Virtual Cam in Zoom — Zoom window capture not blurry at all

conform

Hi all!

Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/Coao5FC_4gjWSu_T

I use OBS and NDI Virtual cam to share a more complex layout as my webcam in Zoom calls. I've recently discovered that the output coming from my end is somewhat blurry, intolerably so when trying to share text-based visuals. However, when I use Zoom's built-in screen share / window capture mechanism, the text is very clear on the receiving end.

To me, this indicates that the issue is either:
  • with OBS's window capture function and my settings within it
  • with NDI's Virtual Cam app
  • with how I've set up things in Zoom
I'd love any thoughts from folks! Thanks in advance

fabiopobrazil

Hi all!

Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/Coao5FC_4gjWSu_T

I use OBS and NDI Virtual cam to share a more complex layout as my webcam in Zoom calls. I've recently discovered that the output coming from my end is somewhat blurry, intolerably so when trying to share text-based visuals. However, when I use Zoom's built-in screen share / window capture mechanism, the text is very clear on the receiving end.

To me, this indicates that the issue is either:
  • with OBS's window capture function and my settings within it
  • with NDI's Virtual Cam app
  • with how I've set up things in Zoom
I'd love any thoughts from folks! Thanks in advance

Hey there! Same issue here. It seems that the issue has actually nothing to do with any of your assumptions though. There are some other threads here where the issue has been discussed, and it has most likely to do with how Zoom handles OBS' output. Unfortunately, so far there doesn't seem to be a solution.

I've been using Zoom's advanced share option "Content from 2nd Camera" for that purpose, which surprisingly delivers a perfectly sharp output; however, the frame rate in quite low in that mode, which causes some lagging, especially when display some video (such as my webcam or youtube videos) through OBS. You might want to try that and see what your results are! Good luck!

conform

Hey there! Same issue here. It seems that the issue has actually nothing to do with any of your assumptions though. There are some other threads here where the issue has been discussed, and it has most likely to do with how Zoom handles OBS' output. Unfortunately, so far there doesn't seem to be a solution.

I've been using Zoom's advanced share option "Content from 2nd Camera" for that purpose, which surprisingly delivers a perfectly sharp output; however, the frame rate in quite low in that mode, which causes some lagging, especially when display some video (such as my webcam or youtube videos) through OBS. You might want to try that and see what your results are! Good luck!
Thanks so much! Yes, I also tried the 'content from 2nd camera' option, but for my applications my webcam video is essential, so sadly it's really not ideal! I learned this, too, and appreciate you bringing this up! Someday maybe we can, like with how Zoom allows for 'Enable original audio', do something like 'Enable HD video' or something!

Billibong13

Thanks so much! Yes, I also tried the 'content from 2nd camera' option, but for my applications my webcam video is essential, so sadly it's really not ideal! I learned this, too, and appreciate you bringing this up! Someday maybe we can, like with how Zoom allows for 'Enable original audio', do something like 'Enable HD video' or something!
Hi,
I'm having the same issue- I don't see an Advanvced option for "Content from a second camera", is this only in a paid subscription maybe? This may work for me as I do CAD/ Revit trraining and I don't need a fast frame rate just a high res output to be able to read the menus!

Thanks-
Billibong

Billibong13

Hi,
I'm having the same issue- I don't see an Advanvced option for "Content from a second camera", is this only in a paid subscription maybe? This may work for me as I do CAD/ Revit trraining and I don't need a fast frame rate just a high res output to be able to read the menus!

Thanks-
Billibong
Oh- I found it -but it doesn't work any better.
Thanks,B