Blurred Recordings through OBS.

Kindrid

I'm using OBS to Record 2 1080p Monitors. I have my Rescale Output (Under Output Advanced - Recording), set to 3840x1080 with the one display on one half of the canvas, and my 1080p Webcam on the other half of the canvas. I'm using NVIDIA NVENC H.264 Encoder. Also, both my Base Resolution and Output Resolution under the Video tab are both set to 3840x1080. I also have "Lossless" Selected for rate control.

When I move the resulting files into my video editor, the recordings come out appearing to be downscaled, not the 1080 resolution of the recording.

If I record just one screen with a 1920x1080 Canvas, I can get the crisp clear image I need. Are my 3840x1080 recordings coming out appearing to be downscaled because the monitor I'm recording on is only 1080p?

I'm running an Intel i7 9700k and a NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 Super.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• OBS1.png
    OBS1.png
    627.5 KB · Views: 35
  • OBS2.png
    OBS2.png
    597.2 KB · Views: 31

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
You should not enable rescaling in your output settings if it already matches your canvas size.

Kindrid

You should not enable rescaling in your output settings if it already matches your canvas size.

I just tried recording 10 seconds or so with that disabled and got the same result.