Question / Help Blank multiview on Mac

thermidor

My old 17" MBP was giving me a blank multiview window. I assumed this was down to GPU issues. However, my 5K iMac is giving me the same. Despite sources being visible in the main screen and having "Show in Multiview" ticked in the scene contextual menu, the multiview window stays resolutely blank. Am I missing some obvious configuration option? Thanks.

Narcogen

There was a bug in the Mac version previously that caused problems with scene collections in which one or more scenes were *disabled* from displaying in multiview.

If you make a fresh collection with only one scene, one source, and turn on multiview, does that display?

If you enable ALL scenes in your collection to show in multiview, does it then display?

Can you upload a current log?

hugo.dias.silva

Attachments

• Captura de ecrã 2019-01-25, às 14.30.57.png
    Captura de ecrã 2019-01-25, às 14.30.57.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Captura de ecrã 2019-01-25, às 14.31.04.png
    Captura de ecrã 2019-01-25, às 14.31.04.png
    697.2 KB · Views: 27

Narcogen

Hmm. I'm at a loss here.

Does it happen with a completely new scene collection, if you just add two new scenes? Is there a point where multiview breaks, or is it just not functioning at all, for any scenes and/or scene collections?

Narcogen

If you create a new user on your machine and run OBS for them, does multiview also fail for that user?

hugo.dias.silva

I do not know if it helps.

But if I try to preview the program, or any of the scenes in a window, I can not. I can only do it in full screen.

Does anyone go up why does this happen?

Unfortunately, I think due to a bug it is not possible in mac to have multiview in fullscreen.

Narcogen

I regularly use Multiview in OBS 22.0.3 on MacOS. The feature absolutely works, it is a question of why it is not working in your particular case.

Are you saying normal windowed preview projectors also do not work unless they are full screen?

hugo.dias.silva

Yes, they also do not work.

Attachments

• Captura de ecrã 2019-01-30, às 16.56.57.png
    Captura de ecrã 2019-01-30, às 16.56.57.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Captura de ecrã 2019-01-30, às 16.57.03.png
    Captura de ecrã 2019-01-30, às 16.57.03.png
    113.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Captura de ecrã 2019-01-30, às 16.57.09.png
    Captura de ecrã 2019-01-30, às 16.57.09.png
    57 KB · Views: 18

Narcogen

Not sure why. I am unable to duplicate. Both normal and windowed previews work, whether single scene windowed, fullscreen, or multiview.

Again-- does this occur for all users on your machine, or only for your current user account?

If you launch OBS from the command line like this, does it happen:

sudo /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS

hugo.dias.silva

I figured out what the problem was. I could not be with the OBS in "full screen" mode when I activated Multiview in windowed mode.

Thank you very much for your help

TFE

Yes, I too have noticed that when OBS is in full screen mode on either of my Macs (that I use OBS on), the Multiview Window doesn't work. It does appear but as a second tab next to OBS, and remains blank even when you pull that tab off the top of the screen. I don't run OBS in full screen, keeping the main window open but small and at the bottom of the screen below the Multiview Window, which fills up most of the screen above it.