Question / Help BlackMagic Stuttering / flashing problem

Manticor

When I use my BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt w/ my Macbook Pro (late 2011), a majority of the time I stream with OBS MP there are no issues. However there are some points in the stream where the BlackMagic Device source starts rapidly flashing black and the audio gets distorted. Before the BlackMagic Device source was added, I used an application called Black Syphon and the Syphon source in OBS MP. I got the same results; periodic black flashing. A log file won't do any good. I have also tested with BlackMagic Media Express and have not gotten any black flashes within an hour of playing time. As some background info I'm using a PS3 (displaying @ 720p60) outputting to my monitor and the BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt through an HDMI Splitter. The fact that there are no black flashes while using BlackMagic Media Express confirms that my HDMI cords are not faulty; all the cords I'm using a relatively new anyways. I uploaded a video to specifically show what is happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcyULfn8xyc&feature=youtu.be

Manticor

I may have solved this; turning Automatic graphics switching in System Preferences may have caused the issue. Since I've turned it off, there hasn't been any black flashes for a full hour. I'll update this if any occur later.

EDIT: Flashes still do occur, I have no idea what is causing this still :/

Last edited:

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Do you have a log file from it? A log might give a hint if there's an issue.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
May not be a problem with obs itself; I haven't been able to find any information. The fact that it's happening in more than one program also feels like a hint, though I can't say yet. I've tested the blackmagiic plugin a fair amount on mac and haven't been able to reproduce yet. I'll give more updates if I find any issues.