Question / Help BlackMagic Mini Monitor

patrickmid7

Hello,

I'm having a little problem.

In about 2 weeks I have a concert where I'm doing the graphics on a big screen next to the stage.
Because we have about 80 different graphics we want to show on the screen (at different times), I thought it would be a nice idea to use OBS to switch between the sources (the graphics).

However, I need to connect my iMac (with OBS) to a external projector/beamer that only takes a SDI-signal. We purchased the BlackMagic UltraStudio Mini Monitor to convert our Thunderbolt signal to a SDI signal. So now I have this setup (iMac -> Thunderbolt cable -> BM US Mini Monitor -> SDI cable -> Projector/beamer).

So my next step is to send my program in fullscreen mode to that projector. However, OBS doesn't recognize the Mini Monitor. Is this a common issue with an easy fix?

In the BlackMagic software (Media Express) it works fine, but I don't want to use that software because it lacks a lot of features (like fading between sources, importing images and live camera's)

Do you have any suggestions, or maybe a fix?

Thanks in advance!

Narcogen

I don't think that's going to work. OBS gives options to send a preview to a display device, but that's not really what the UltraStudio Mini Monitor is-- it's a video output device, expecting to get a video output from programs that have settings for specific external output devices (FCPX, etc).

Basically I think that a device that doesn't show up as a Display in the Display control panel won't be able to show a Preview output from OBS.

I have not used the Mini Monitor before, but most of my BM devices I need to setup with BM Desktop Video App.
It should be on the SDI card but also at BM website

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 11.18.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 11.18.12 AM.png
    367.1 KB · Views: 255