Question / Help Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle to OBS

PastorGeoff

Ok - I know that it is older, but I'm trying to use the Intensity Shuttle to connect to the OBS. I'm trying to get a computer's output to run through the Intensity Shuttle and connect to OBS. I've tried testing all kinds of different ways and can't get it to show up on OBS. Can someone help?

jrietz

I don't have an Intensity, but do work with BlackMagic Design equipment. I'm trying to understand you setup. Do you have two computers? You are trying to feed your computer video output into the Intensity and then the Intensity's output into another computer? That is what your request sounds like to me, although you may be just using one. Anyway, you need to check the resolution / frame rate to make sure all device settings match. Can you get a DVD player working as the input? You need to find where the mismatch is.

PastorGeoff

Thanks for the replies. I have installed the BlackMagic Desktop Software. I am running a presentation software that is outputting via HDMI to the Intensity Shuttle. I'll double check the resolutions, but I can't even get the screen to show up on the Intensity software at all either....

Narcogen

If the BlackMagic software can't see what you're sending it, then OBS won't be able to either.

If you're trying to plug the HDMI output of a Mac directly into a Shuttle... you may end up having HDCP issues. The best way around is a cheap HDMI splitter from Amazon that's non-HDCP compliant. That way the Mac won't send an HDCP secured signal unless it needs to. Right now, MacOS engages HDCP if it detects capable hardware.

Zeros.81

Intensity Shuttle max resolution input is 1080p30 so you must match your output to that resolution. Use BlackMagic Mediaexpress to check if the card is recognizing the video signal.