Question / Help BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt glitch on new update

Benjamin Solah

Just updated OBS to the latest version 23.0.1 for OS X, and now my PS4 source won't register and adding it as a video capture device doesn't seem to have the same options previously.... very confused as to why OBS broke the compatibility with BlackMagic.

pkv

Developer
Check first that 'Desktop Video' app is showing your device. If it does not , your issue is not with obs.
Second, if it shows there, see if you see something in 'Media Express'.
Then close Media Express and start obs current release.
If it doesn't show, uninstall and test with obs v 22.
Report here with a log.

pkv

Developer
you made sure that there was only Media Express trying to catch your Intensity shuttle ?
also in media express, you've got to make sure settings are correct (Edit > Preferences)
At the moment your issue seems unrelated to obs anyway

Benjamin Solah

Yep, it's the only thing. It's on the same settings as it usually is - 1080i59.94 - and nothing, tried resetting my splitter, unplugging the capture device and replugging it in, all the things it does when it sometimes doesn't recognise the capture card and none of it works....

Benjamin Solah

I've updated to the latest drivers, or at least the new version of desktop video - can't work out how to check for new drivers.... I thought it did it automatically. It usually prompts you. Still nothing in Media Express.

Benjamin Solah

Got it working, I think my splitter has something to do with it, after updating all the drivers, and multiple resets, than restarting the PS4, then resetting the splitter again, it suddenly works.

collisne

I am having this issue. Media express works but getting a black screen on OBS. Not seeing any audio as well. Stop working after a upgrade to latest version of OBS for mac.

pkv

Developer
I am having this issue. Media express works but getting a black screen on OBS. Not seeing any audio as well. Stop working after a upgrade to latest version of OBS for mac.
Please create your own topic. Your issue seems different since Media Express would not display the device for Benjamin. Include logs, also try downgrading obs to confirm whether there is a bug or not, check driver and firmware version. And tell which device you have. It's impossible to help without some infos. At the moment, there is no confirmed bug with decklink devices loading.
Lastly try loading the device as a 'Video Capture Device' source : if it loads there but not as a 'Blackmagic device' source, there is indeed a bug.