black screen!

elfinsav

If i try game capture with specific game its shows me black screen... Also if i try record the game also black screen i can only record my desktop.
Any ideas?

i5 6600K Turbo 4.1GHz,
Xilence XC035
Asus Prime Z270-P,
RAM - 16GB ( 2x8GB. ) OC 2800MHz DDR4,
MSI Armor GTX 1070 8GB,
SSD - 120GB. Patriot Burst SATA III
HDD - 500GB. WD Blue SATA III,
Chieftec A-90 750W,
Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Attachments

• crash-handler.log
    3.6 KB · Views: 8

FerretBomb

Do a 30 second test recording while trying to capture a game (if it blackscreens that's fine). End the recording, then go to the Help menu, Log Files, Upload Current Log file. Paste the URL it gives you here, and we'll be able to help out more.

Certain games cannot be Game Captured due to their anti-cheat methods (Destiny 2 and CSGO are very notable ones). Which games have you tried to capture?
Also, do you have more than one monitor? If you are running a game in Fullscreen and alt-tab out, Windows will stop rendering the game and the Preview window in OBS may be black (or show the last rendered frame, it's a bit of a toss-up).

FerretBomb

CSGO was changed by the developers to not allow Game Capture to hook it. Nothing OBS can do about that.
One potential workaround for games like that is to run them in Fullscreen Borderless, and use a Window Capture instead.