Black or white blank screen after updating to OBS 28.0.1

tunagenes

Greetings. I had a more or less working OBS 27.2.4 setup, I updated to OBS 28.0.1 (64-bit, windows) prompted by a dialog box from OBS, and now all my video sources just display as a white or black screen somewhat randomly in both the preview and program display.

This happens on a range of input device from text to video capture. I suspect it is related to the choice of graphics adapter - Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 versus the NVIDIA Quadro 1000M but I don’t know how to change it. When I follow the directions in “Laptop? Black screen when capturing? Read here first.” In the Windows Settings when I get to option Graphics settings, only the Intel option is available, for both power-saving and performance mode.

Any pointers or help appreciated!

Here is a log file with a bit of UI interaction:

PaiSand

Many other people with a similar issue fixed it removing the source on all scenes and adding it again.

tunagenes

No joy- I tried removing both the scene entirely and just a source and even an entirely new scene with a new source of 'Color Source' and it just brings up a white rectangle. At least it seems to have settled on a blank white display now. Thanks for the reply.