Question / Help Binaries and Installer not working

treeves

The installer tells me I'm missing files then links me to them. I installed the 64 bit file as asked and got the same error. The binaries won't let me extra necessary files out of the folder.

Any help???

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
Sounds like interference from third-party security software. If you're running some type of antivirus try disabling it temporarily.

treeves

Disabled it and retried. Same error :/ If it matters, the error is 0x80004005: Unspecified error. The installer still tried linking me to the download and the binary still refused to extract all the files! Is there anything else I can try?

EDIT: Also, for the record, I only installed the x64 file. I don't think I need the x86 or arm files?

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
x86 for the 32-bit version of OBS to work, x64 for the 64-bit version of OBS to work, no need for the ARM files. If your system isn't able to extract a simple zip file then I'm not sure what else (other than third-party software interference) is going on with your system.

treeves

I just built it, so I'm wondering if maybe I'm missing something essential? I'm no expert at this kind of thing, so it's possible. It seems to be fine and well though, it's running games nicely and everything. Is there anyone else who might know how to help?

treeves

Just a heads up, using Z-Zip let me extract everything. I would like to know why I can't do it normally, but at least it worked. Thanks for the help!