Question / Help Beyond Frustrated. Lost a display as a source. Can't get it back. A Codec has disappeared. +More

farbzilla

Ok. So here's where I'm at. Earlier today I set up a scene in OBS Studio. It had two sources. A window capture for a split timer. A display capture. The display capture was for capturing xbox 360 footage because I had to figure out a way for it to work with my capture card. Streamed, and everything went fine. Come home to boot up the stream again to find obs can't find my second display. I messed around and googled a bit but nothing seemed to work. I pulled up a log file from before (pre-reinstall), compared it to the newest file. What i saw was that in the section it boots up d3d11 or whatever, the gpu's switched. I have an NVIDIA one and just the standard plug and play one. So I thought the problem could be fixed if i re-installed. Well turns out I deleted the old log file so now all I have is the one from just now. Then I got going through settings and realized that one of the options for a codec is missing too. I used to have the x264, nvec and another one that i'm drawing a blank on but it's gone now. So I don't really know what's going on but I'd appreciate if someone could shed some light. Thanks

also it'll capture the second display if i change the mode to OPEN GL. But i can't use it because it eats fps. and also when i switch to the direct 3d11 i'm not sure if this is relevant but i can't select a video adapter either.

Attachments

• 2017-01-26 21-58-52.txt
    15.6 KB · Views: 144

EBrito

You are not runnig OBS on your Nvidia card.
Change it using NVIDIA Control Panel.

( https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/laptop-black-screen-when-capturing-read-here-first.5965/ )

DON´T USE OPENGL. Switch back to Direct3D 11 (You are in Direct3D 11 in this log)

Codecs: Maybe you are missing QSV (Quicksynv Video from Integrated GPU). Try reinstalling latest Intel iGPU drivers.

To capture display I think you have to use multiadapter compatibility.

Also, I think you have to configure streaming service:
21:59:38.408: rtmp-common.c: [initialize_output] Could not find service ''