Question / Help Best way to stream from Mac/PC OBS to PC OBS?

electrikdave

Maybe someone knows how I can do this. For a variety of different applications I am looking for a solution that will allow one instance of OBS on one computer (Computer B) to stream audio and video to an entirely different instance of OBS on another computer (Computer A) which will do the heavy lifting and run the actual stream. Looking for a solution that will work over WAN when necessary.

I've tried an app on a Mac server called "Local RMTP Server" which I was going to try and use as a midpoint but Computer B can't connect to it and I'm not sure how to make it an input on Computer A.

I've spent the whole night lurking to see if there's a solution. There's one solution I found here (https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-studio-send-an-udp-stream-to-a-second-pc-using-obs.455/) which uses UDP to stream, but I'm not sure what necessitates setting it to record and not to stream, so I am still testing this method.

TL;DR: Does anyone know of an RTMP solution for streaming from one instance of OBS to another?
Much Love & Thanks