Question / Help Best settings?

JLbGaming

What are the best settings for a lower-end computer? Also, What are the best settings for a Dell OptiPlex 760 with a Intel Core Duo 2 CPU and an NVIDIA GeForce GT 730? I don't expect for you to know the exact best settings for the CPU, but you might know about the GPU. I have a lower-end PC and I was able to get a old recording at one point, but then OBS crashed upon loading every time I booted it. I reinstalled, but I forgot my settings. I don't care about streaming, I want recording settings.

Probably the best answer you are going to get is "It depends" :-)

I'll assume that whatever you are playing is at 1080p I would expect that with your cpu you would have to record at lower settings and it's going to be a trade off between what cpu your game needs and what cpu OBS needs. To be honest you have quite a low spec machine and so not sure if you will get sensible results but I would try recording at 720p 30 fps cpu preset on "very fast" and see what happens.

OBS shows you a counter of how much CPU it is consuming so you can keep an eye on that and then use Nvidia tools to show your game frame rate and use those to balance things out.

Sorry I can't be more specific there is a huge difference between attempting to record CS:GO or Hearthstone so you may need to share a few more details.

JLbGaming

Probably the best answer you are going to get is "It depends" :-)

I'll assume that whatever you are playing is at 1080p I would expect that with your cpu you would have to record at lower settings and it's going to be a trade off between what cpu your game needs and what cpu OBS needs. To be honest you have quite a low spec machine and so not sure if you will get sensible results but I would try recording at 720p 30 fps cpu preset on "very fast" and see what happens.

OBS shows you a counter of how much CPU it is consuming so you can keep an eye on that and then use Nvidia tools to show your game frame rate and use those to balance things out.

Sorry I can't be more specific there is a huge difference between attempting to record CS:GO or Hearthstone so you may need to share a few more details.
I play Minecraft, a lower-end graphics game. I'm fine with 720p30 because I never expected to get 1080p60 on a computer like mine. Many editing softwares can change a 30fps video to a 60fps video. Does that make a difference?