Best inexpensive laptop for streaming

Koerbs

Hey everyone,

Ive been using OBS for about a year now to stream pool tournaments. My laptop is about 4 years old and I want to buy a new one.
What is the best laptop for live streaming that won’t break the bank, but still give me the best quality. The upload speed of my service is 5 megs.

koenigseggrs25

Hey everyone,

Ive been using OBS for about a year now to stream pool tournaments. My laptop is about 4 years old and I want to buy a new one.
What is the best laptop for live streaming that won’t break the bank, but still give me the best quality. The upload speed of my service is 5 megs.
If you really want, you can record. Streaming is a much taxing thing on the laptop, but get a laptop w/ a 1660ti mobile (at the very least) to record.

qhobbes

Hello my fellow pool streamer. If your just using it for streaming from a video source, you really don't need a dedicated graphics card. If you get one with an Intel i3-5-7-9-11 processor, it *should* support Quick Sync Video. We stream with an 8 year old processor and run tournaments (just Challonge in Chrome, Challonge Match Display and OBS) with plenty of CPU and RAM to spare, on a laptop. You can see the streams at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnV-ZwZaYdC2B9CEDs7Ejxg . These were streamed at 3072 Kbps. It's not broadcast quality but it's good enough. The quality of codec has improved since then.

Last edited: