Question / Help Bandwidth/bitrate issue

kristwist

Hi guys, first of all i'd like to say i did watch lots of videos on youtube regarding that issue and also was reading lots of articles about it, but it seems like my issue is quite specific, so I am trying to reach out to you guys for help. I will try to keep it short. I was trying to stream something for my wow guild last night, but noticed that my OBS is skipping frames. Now, my PC specs are GTX 1060 3gb, i5 3470[3.20 ghz] , 8 GB ram, my internet connection tested on the internet is with upload speed of 14mbps. However, when i run the twitch Bandwidth test connected for all EU servers, best responce i get is with Bandwidth 1922 kbps , RTT of 28 ms and Quality of 36. I've seen on some videos that Quality must be around 80 to have nice OBS input bitrate. In fact judging my upload speed i should be able to stream with at least 3000 bitrate, but the auto settings on twitch even suggest me to put it as low as 1720, which is just weird. I am not using wifi, i am on a cable, i am the only user of the internet connection in my household.

Any tips why would my bandidth be so low, when my tested upload speed would suggest i can even stream on higher bitrate? Thanks :)