Question / Help Bad Frame Rate

GravityBeatle

Hi,

I have a 2014 macbook pro and an elgato hd capture device. As such, I cannot use the elgato as a direct source, so my way of getting around this is to use to display captures: one for the gameplay in the elgato software, and one for a timer for speedrunning. When doing so, whether I'm streaming or recording, the frame rate drops to less than 10, but I think it's worse than that since the image often freezes for several seconds. Furthermore, after recording/streaming for about thirty-ish seconds, I get 10 seconds of actual content streamed.

Here's the link to what I streamed during the attached log file: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/398074640. I know there's no audio, but I think I can fix that. I just need to solve this issue first.

I've tried downscaling the output, and changed the encoder to superfast as someone advised, but still nothing has worked. I'm thinking of buying a new computer, but I don't want to do so yet if I can still work with my current one. Any advice, even if it's just to buy a new computer, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2019-03-19 16-57-41.txt
    30.1 KB · Views: 3