Question / Help Backup Internet / Fallback

HPV

Hi guys, hope you're all safe and well.

I'm trying to organise a backup internet connection so that if my wired connection becomes unreliable for any reason, I can seamlessly switch to another connection without the stream suffering more than a couple of seconds outage. Is this possible?

I bought a Teltonika RUT995 4g router to add to my network as a failsafe but sadly it takes about 30 seconds for the 4G internet to kick in if my main line is disconnected.

My next step was to be on two connections at once on my streaming PC, it has two Ethernet ports. If I am on Ethernet 1 streaming and 1 goes down, it doesn't auto switch to Ethernet 2. Is there any way to make it do this?

Any ideas of how I can leverage having a second internet connection to make my stream bulletproof I'm all ears. Many thanks in advance for your thoughts

HPV

My workaround for now is to just stream twice and use the fallback feature on Restream, $299 a month but it works!

HPV

Hey here - wondering did you have any success here? Looking to do similar.

Hi James, I have continued to just produce the stream twice on two separate laptops - both going to restream.io utilising their fallback stream feature. It's a seamless transition if one dies, really cool.

If you contact their live support you may be able to get a significant discount off a 12 month subscription.