Background windows not projecting

tuptim

I sometimes use a timer on my stream that counts down from 30 minutes. I just found some website with a timer and did a window capture and displayed it in OBS. It always worked fine until about the same time that OBS updated. Now if I put that window in the background (alt-tab to another window) then the timer turns black in OBS and the time is not viewable until bring it forward again with alt-tab.
Is this an OBS setting or is it something in my browser that is not allowing this?
Thanks

Lawrence_SoCal

I don't know... just guessing here... please take other's input as more credible than mine for this
but with that said.... Lots of comments in this forum about hardware accelerated browser windows captures, GPUs (especially when 2 GPUS, 1 CPU based, other add-in... usually Intel and nVidia) and Windows Capture method used. Assuming same PC, a GPU driver update could also be having an impact
You using Chrome? Have you tried changing Windows Capture method? Assuming H/W accelerated browser (ie using GPU) Have you checked which GPU browser is using vs OBS?
This is back of head recollections from last few months regarding an issue I don't deal with... so could easily be mixing up unrelated issues. But something maybe to check into if you don't get better feedback?

tuptim

I still have not figured this out. Im not even sure how to check some of the things you mentioned. What information about my computer do you need to narrow down the problem? I appreciate your help.

tuptim

Modern browsers stop displaying video in the background to save power. In Chrome you can turn it off at chrome://flags/#calculate-native-win-occlusion, not sure about others.

This solved it! There is no way I would have found that menu of experimental features! Thank you 1000x