Question / Help AVerMedia LGP, no signal on resolution change (PS3)

Lombra

Hi,
Just got an AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable for streaming some Playstation 3 gameplay, but there are some annoying issues.

I'm using 64 bit Windows 7 and 64 bit OBS Studio 0.14.2.

At first I only installed the drivers for the capture card and none of the software. The device showed up fine in OBS and everything seemed to work. I soon realised that the signal is cut whenever I start a game. The passthrough signal to the TV is fine, but OBS receives no picture or sound from the device. I can "fix" it (until next time the resolution/format changes) by touching the resolution setting for the source in OBS, but that's not really an acceptable solution.

I then tried installing the "stream engine", which was said to be required for using the device in OBS (which clearly was not the case), thinking that might somehow handle the resolution changes for me, but that did nothing. I used 32 bit OBS Studio for that, as the stream engine only supports that.

Is there any solution to this? I don't know is the issue lies with the capture card or OBS, but if this can't be solved in a good way I might just have to return the capture card.

Same issue in classic OBS, by the way.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
This is normal behavior. Configure the console to output a single resolution so you don't have to reinitialize or reconfigure the video capture device source.

Stream Engine is "required" in the sense that it is needed to work around some inherent hardware issues the LGP has. While it's possible to add it directly it is not advised.