AV1 Live streaming on youtube not working. Please Help.

rockbottom

Yeah, this isn't an AV1 or OBS issue. Somethings up with your internet or the YouTube server.

16:04:48.042: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmps://a.rtmps.youtube.com:443/live2...
16:04:48.142: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Interface: Realtek PCIe 2.5GbE Family Controller (ethernet, 1000↓/1000↑ mbps)
16:04:48.977: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connection to rtmps://a.rtmps.youtube.com:443/live2 successful
16:04:48.977: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Socket send buffer is 65536 bytes

15:54:56.084: Output 'simple_stream': Total drawn frames: 4394
15:54:56.084: Output 'simple_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 3190 (73.8%)

16:07:36.117: Output 'simple_stream': Total frames output: 3056 (10014 attempted)
16:07:36.117: Output 'simple_stream': Total drawn frames: 10085
16:07:36.117: Output 'simple_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 6958 (69.5%)

GeorgeT

Thank you for your reply. You see when I swap to any other encoder. The stream runs smooth. This Happens only in AV1 encoding. IF I enable DYNAMIC bit rate it works. BUT that means 0 frames lost with the cost of buffering. I prefer no buffering for my viewers and the 10% frame drop that I have if you understand my point. It is a really weird behavior if you ask me. I click "start streaming" it says 9500 kbps and then after 10 seconds it goes to 8kbps (not 8000) 8! single digit. Thats why we have those results on the connection. As if it is locked behind something in the registry or a firewall? Any ideas?

rockbottom

It just appears to me that your internet can't sustain the bit-rate but it could be anything between you & YouTube. Have you called your ISP?

In the meantime, try lowering the output resolution/bit-rate.

GeorgeT

It just appears to me that your internet can't sustain the bit-rate but it could be anything between you & YouTube. Have you called your ISP?

In the meantime, try lowering the output resolution/bit-rate.
That is definitely not the issue. My upload speed is 10-40 mbit depending on the time of day. Remember this happens only in AV1 encoding. I will try your suggestions though and update you as soon as possible.

rockbottom

Cable? That sounds like an overloaded node. Your speeds shouldn't be fluctuating depending on the time of the day.

GeorgeT

Cable? That sounds like an overloaded node. Your speeds shouldn't be fluctuating depending on the time of the day.
Starlink and then to ethernet. That doesn't change the fact that in AV1 its impossible to stream without the dynamic option.ALL the other encoders work fine!I will update to lower resolution when I get back at home from work. But I insist its something really weird that I am missing from the puzzle.

EveryGameGuru

This is definitely not an internet issue. I have AV1 set to 15mbps and my internet upstream is 40mbps. Also, searching the web, you can see others with this issue. When I choose AV1, it streams fine, then after a few minutes, it drops to 0kbps. There is an issue with either OBS, YouTube, or AV1

zeakzeric

I have exacty the same problem! I steam AV1 at 15000kbps and it starts buffering on YouTube, then the upload on OBS reduces until it is at 150kb/s. Every other Encoder works at 15000 kbps

PaiSand

Try using NVENC instead of AV1 to test. Also, you may try using HLS and HEVC.
If the drop happens again, you confirmed an issue that's most probably occuring in the ISP or the service they connect too on top of themselves.
It could also be an issue within Youtube, but that would be end on the connection shutting down.

Unfortunatelly, many ISP don't like streaming over their network because that means they have to change and upgrade their hardware.

Father Bill

I can stream to YT with no problem with Nvenc. It is only when I attempt an AV1 stream to YT that it faces a drop in bandwidth.

GeorgeT

Let us say that AV1 and Starlink is the issue. NVIDIA NVENC HEVC or NVIDIA H.264?
1440p 60 streaming on youtube? 13600k i5 4070 ti
CBR?
9000-13000 bitrate?
Keyframe 2?
Preset 6?
High quality tuning?
Single pass?
High profile?
look ahead off?
Psycho tuning on?
gpu 0
B-frames 2?
are these good options? I am just reaching out to see if I get the maximum value from those settings. I really am interested in quality. Thank you in advance

rAIVOkone

I´m having the same problem. Tried turning off the firewall and checked that AV isn´t blocking anything. Lowering the bitrate won´t do anything. NVENC works fine, having some dropped frames with HEVC and AV1 stream stays up from 1 minute to 10 minutes until the bitrate drops. I´m clueless.

rockbottom

Turning off your Firewall is only leaving your PC exposed....

Starting to think the internet isn't quite ready for AV1, at least some ISP's don't seem to be. Possibly older devices in the path between OP & CDN that just weren't designed with AV1 in mind or on the spec sheet.

rAIVOkone

Turning off your Firewall is only leaving your PC exposed....

Starting to think the internet isn't quite ready for AV1, at least some ISP's don't seem to be. Possibly older devices in the path between OP & CDN that just weren't designed with AV1 in mind or on the spec shee.
Disabled it just to test that it didn´t cause the issue.

NeverdieAudio

Hello, another user with the same issue here. RTX3070Ti, 16000kbps AV1 to YT live. Tried several settings, changes,different bitrates, but it just seemingly happens at random. Some streams will run 8 hours fine with AV1, but then (usually on weekends from my experience) I get drops to ~200 kbps that just get stuck and I need to stop/start stream again. That is usually enough to fix, but still makes AV1 streaming unbearable.
Ive been trying it since OBS 29 through all the patches, but no changes. Nvenc h264 is absolutely fine and it never happens to me. Everytime I get an upload hiccup, it just recovers and runs fine.
Maybe it seems to me like AV1 cannot recover from a small upload drop and needs to be restarted manually? I dont know. But it sucks that I cannot properly utilize the biggest advantage of YT streaming...

zyb3z

i tested xsplit and it recovers/doesn't happen... but it costs money to remove watermarks so kind of lame.