Question / Help Automatically start OBS and maintain a stream

seano1

Hi,

I have a Mac Mini running OBS and streaming an IP camera to twitch. This is a 24/7 webcam to show the surf conditions - you can see the link here: https://www.twitch.tv/kitebeachcenteruaq

When it works, it works well but i'm trying to iron out the hiccups so that it does not require me to monitor it. Currently it cannot stay live for longer than 1 or 2 days without me having to restart it manually. The goal is for the stream to automatically restart regardless of whether there is a power failure or whether the internet drops for 30mins.

I have written an AppleScript that runs OBS with --startstreaming and when the computer boots it opens as a login item. That works well if it's a clean boot but i have just discovered that after a power failure Mac OS automatically restarts OBS somehow bypassing the script and therefore the '--startstreaming' instruction as well. Any idea on how to get around this? Short of installing a UPS.

Ideally i need a listening script that monitors the stream. And if it ever notices the stream is offline, it re-enables it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.