Audio/Voice Echo when capturing desktop Audio (from a Discord voice chat) - OBS Studio - Mac Book Pro

cheeseling

So have followed Fornatron's tutorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk6kiaxMrPA&lc=Ugzx_gb4J9uE6ZNblmh4AaABAg.9O8IcxpKQay9O8Q4QN1nKS

I have the same system and programms
OBS Studio -- Ground Control -- Mac Book Pro -- HD60s+ -- Blue Yeti -- Nintendo Switch

I have been using the desktop audio to record/stream a discord voice chat for when I am playing multiplayer nintendo games.
I can hear the game audio & voice chat through my headphones connected to my Yeti however the voices from the discord voice are incredibly Echo-y (through headphones and on stream) ... even at one point lagged my stream to the point where it crashed!

Any ideas on how to fix this, what settings to tweak?

Edit: at a second look it seems that the game audio is also being picked up by the deskop audio imput - i'm assuming this is what is creating the loop?
Thank you in Advance!

cheeseling

I have found the answer! Bit of a strange answer but two pairs of headphones!

Basically you need to listen to your game audio through its organic source, for me this is plugging my headphones directly into the back of the television.
Then on the OBS audio settings for your game audio you should mute it. Desktop Audio should not be muted
Another pair of headphones should then be plugged into the Blue Yeti to hear the desktop audio (Discord Voice Chat)
Now you just wear both! haha

It's a bit odd but if you wear overhead headphones for the game audio then small wired earbuds for the desktop/discord its not uncomfortable!

Sorted!
If anyone actually has the answer without having to do this then please share!
Thanks
C x