Audio Video Sync

PatrickOJ615

I am continually having problems syncing audio video. I have reloaded OBS and the problem continues. If it syncs one time, the next bootup there will be no sync and adding ms to the sync offset does not affect the outcome.
Details: Camera connected via cat6 using IP address to laptop OBS. Audio connected from mixer via Steinberg UR22C to Voicemeeter to laptop OBS. Live stream to YouTube. Record OBS, hand clamping, to test sync. Increased ms in sync off set to 1000ms to no avail. "Use Device Timestamps" UNCHECKED on all audio.
Uninstalled OBS, reinstalled and it worked one time. several days later, did not work. patrick

Snedecor

I'm having the same issue. Audio and video come from BMD ATEM Mini-Pro as webcam. Most times starts our synced and grows out of sync. Wondering if an update to OBS Studio could be to blame. Used to work fine.

Lawrence_SoCal

1 - I wouldn't recommend hand clamping as accurate enough for a/v sync. There are free options that work very nicely. Personally I use the one from Audio Video Sync Test | Ballast Media
2 - your details fail to mention which protocol and details on the network connected camera. Your issue could be your camera
3- have you confirmed all of your audio sources (that OBS is aware of, not necessarily in use in a given scene... check your OBS log) using same sampling rate?

Then, whatever protocol and video encoding mechanism is in use for your network camera, your PC has to decode it, you then see it in OBS, then you do the computationally demanding tasks of real-time video encoding.... really easy to overload a PC, especially an older and/or lower end system, or a laptop hitting thermal thresholds. So what hardware resource monitoring are you doing to make sure you aren't bottlenecking your PC?

I have a new desktop PC, with an NDI connected Panasonic PTZ camera, and my sync offset is low and doesn't change. I bought the PC to last 5 years, and has low resource utilization at this point. My audio refresh rates are all the same (reported to cause issues if not), and the Panasonic professional broadcast system PTZ camera is designed and built for this use case (vs something like a security camera being used for this)

And what are doing/have you done to make sure your PC is operating efficiently (trick question, vast majority of folks have no idea how to do this, and what they often do makes things worse, and default settings are NOT designed for something really demanding like livestreaming).. Why bring this up? don't blame OBS when OS changes (and Microsoft code quality has been atrocious for years, and recent updates aren't getting better) could just as easily be the cause, or other 3 party network software, or your network config itself, or the camera, etc..... lots of variables between hardware, software and the settings you've applied

Dr Lee

1 - I wouldn't recommend hand clamping as accurate enough for a/v sync. There are free options that work very nicely. Personally I use the one from Audio Video Sync Test | Ballast Media
2 - your details fail to mention which protocol and details on the network connected camera. Your issue could be your camera
3- have you confirmed all of your audio sources (that OBS is aware of, not necessarily in use in a given scene... check your OBS log) using same sampling rate?

Then, whatever protocol and video encoding mechanism is in use for your network camera, your PC has to decode it, you then see it in OBS, then you do the computationally demanding tasks of real-time video encoding.... really easy to overload a PC, especially an older and/or lower end system, or a laptop hitting thermal thresholds. So what hardware resource monitoring are you doing to make sure you aren't bottlenecking your PC?

I have a new desktop PC, with an NDI connected Panasonic PTZ camera, and my sync offset is low and doesn't change. I bought the PC to last 5 years, and has low resource utilization at this point. My audio refresh rates are all the same (reported to cause issues if not), and the Panasonic professional broadcast system PTZ camera is designed and built for this use case (vs something like a security camera being used for this)

And what are doing/have you done to make sure your PC is operating efficiently (trick question, vast majority of folks have no idea how to do this, and what they often do makes things worse, and default settings are NOT designed for something really demanding like livestreaming).. Why bring this up? don't blame OBS when OS changes (and Microsoft code quality has been atrocious for years, and recent updates aren't getting better) could just as easily be the cause, or other 3 party network software, or your network config itself, or the camera, etc..... lots of variables between hardware, software and the settings you've applied

Dr Lee

Thank You, I am not blaming anyone just looking for answers, this is my laptop systems, I am using a Canon EOS M50 (2020) I am using a Roki mike connected to laptop by USB 3.0, please explain when you say "camera protocol" do you mean Canon Web utility? Thanks again? All blame is my lack of knowledge
1618451208309.png