Audio Version of Virtual Cam

frob

I am looking for an audio version of Virtual Cam. Just something that creates an output from OBS to select on Slack, Meet, Jitsi, Zoom, etc. So far, everything I have tried requires me to monitor the outputs in OBS and route that to the meeting software. I don't want to have to mess with my monitoring as the delay messes with me while I am trying to speak. Any Suggestions?

ZyphenVisuals

Maybe look into VoiceMeeter. It might do exactly what you need.

You can wire any app you want into its "VoiceMeeter Virtual Input" via Windows sound settings (advanced at the bottom).

In Slack use "VoiceMeeter Output" as your microphone.

There are many in-depth guides out there, worth checking out.

frob

The problem with this approach is that the only way to get the audio out of OBS is by checking the monitor source checkbox. Is there an OBS or VST plugin that allows us to route our audio to VoiceMeeter?

ZyphenVisuals

The problem with this approach is that the only way to get the audio out of OBS is by checking the monitor source checkbox. Is there an OBS or VST plugin that allows us to route our audio to VoiceMeeter?
Why route it from OBS to VoiceMeeter?

If you're using apps like Zoom, route it directly in VoiceMeeter by changing the playback device to VoiceMeeter Virtual Input.

If you're using an app that doesn't allow changing the playback device, don't worry, windows can do it. Assuming you're using windows 10, go into sound settings, at the bottom you have advanced sound settings. Over there you can select which recording device and which output device is used by each app. It'll usually work, though some apps forget this preference after a restart, and other need to be exited and opened again to switch driver.