Question / Help Audio Trouble and Choppy Video

NAThompson88

Today was my first day using OBS and I've had a good experience with it so far, except for a few small things. After a couple of test streams to figure it out, I streamed an NES game from OpenEmu for about an hour. Everything looked good in OBS and I thought I had what I was looking for. When I went back and watched it on Twitch, though, the video was a little choppy - it was a continuous, constant choppiness, not like lag.
That was annoying enough, but the biggest problem was at about 25 minutes into the stream, the game audio got sort of staticky, choppy, and just sounded like crap. The audio from my mic was perfect the whole time through. Then, after about 20 or 25 minutes, the audio completely cleared up and sounded great again for the rest of the stream.
Please help. I added the log, and can post a link to the vid if it helps.

Attachments

• 2016-02-07 17-48-15.txt
    20.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

amsyar ZeRo

Did you turn on the preview window?That might cause the lag.Turn in off by right-clicking the preview window and deselect 'Enable Preview(or whatever it is)

NAThompson88

I turned off the preview window. Now I'm running an SNES Rom on OpenEmu, just checked out my stream, and my audio is great! However, the video is really choppy now. Can I lower my settings to get a better stream? If so, how? Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 2016-02-12 11-04-36.txt
    13.4 KB · Views: 16

NAThompson88

http://www.twitch.tv/nathompson88/v/44647895

Unfortunately, I deleted the choppy vid from Twitch and don't have a recording. I just did another stream, however, and it turned out pretty well (link above). Take a look at it. Log file included. I didn't do anything different, so I don't know what the problem was. Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 2016-02-13 14-02-36.txt
    14.2 KB · Views: 19