Audio sync problems - inconsistently

MarsConcert

• OBS v26.0.0
  • USB 3.0 HDMI capture
  • nVidia hardware encoding

I keep having audio synchronization issues. At first audio was de-sycning as the video progressed. Eventually I got it to work perfectly by using 59.94 fps on the Source: Video Capture Device configuration and in Settings:FrameRate. Now I go to record a second video and the audio is once again unsynchronized from the video.

Note: I did try changing the audio sampling rate to 44.1khz but it ended up sounding like an 8-bit, 11khz recording. 48khz audio + 59.94fps video did work perfectly.... one time.

I don't understand why the behavior is so inconsistent.

Attachments

• OBS Logs.7z
    94.1 KB · Views: 1
  • OBS v26.0.0
  • USB 3.0 HDMI capture
  • nVidia hardware encoding

I keep having audio synchronization issues. At first audio was de-sycning as the video progressed. Eventually I got it to work perfectly by using 59.94 fps on the Source: Video Capture Device configuration and in Settings:FrameRate. Now I go to record a second video and the audio is once again unsynchronized from the video.

Note: I did try changing the audio sampling rate to 44.1khz but it ended up sounding like an 8-bit, 11khz recording. 48khz audio + 59.94fps video did work perfectly.... one time.

I don't understand why the behavior is so inconsistent.

I did a video on this, the audio in OBS should come from already pre-processed on a software like VoiceMeeter and only use OBS with one feed. You change the Out-synk to 90 on the audio advanced setting. Audio from mic/camera ->VoiceMeeter -> Out to OBS -> In OBS you adjust the audio of AUX to 90.

MarsConcert

I did a video on this, the audio in OBS should come from already pre-processed on a software like VoiceMeeter and only use OBS with one feed. You change the Out-synk to 90 on the audio advanced setting. Audio from mic/camera ->VoiceMeeter -> Out to OBS -> In OBS you adjust the audio of AUX to 90.
Thanks, I'll try that.

Where is the video?

I'm not getting audio from multiple sources. Right now the only visible option I have enabled is the USB Capture source. Do I still need something else in between OBS and the USB capture card?

MarsConcert

1601946345412.png

Is Sync Offset what you mean when you say "Out-synk"?

If I do this, then why would the first recording have perfectly synced audio but not the second recording?