Question / Help Audio stuttering whilst streaming

djshayper

Hi guys,

I'm having a major issue with OBS. Everytime I attempt to stream a live DJ set, the audio stutters horrendously for my viewers making it unwatchable. Whilst monitoring the output I'm not hearing any stuttering, it seems to be just on the viewers' end. However, whilst streaming just my desktop audio and mic there aren't any issues. I'm sending the output of my mixer through an M-Audio M-Track mk 2, and I'm hearing no stuttering issues whilst listening through either the normal output or as aforementioned the OBS monitor. It sounds almost like a sample rate issue but both my audio interface and OBS itself are set to 48khz.

Any ideas? I'd like to get this sorted as soon as possible

Narcogen

Your log doesn't show any dropped frames. I'd say this would be due to network, or on your viewers' end, or just due to general poor performance of Facebook for some users.

22:10:54.081: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Interface: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter (802.11, 108 mbps)

Wireless isn't generally recommended for stable streaming.

djshayper

Your log doesn't show any dropped frames. I'd say this would be due to network, or on your viewers' end, or just due to general poor performance of Facebook for some users.

22:10:54.081: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Interface: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter (802.11, 108 mbps)

Wireless isn't generally recommended for stable streaming.
Thankyou for your reply! I'd completely understand if I had any issues whilst I was doing my production stream, but this is multiple attempts of streaming a live set with the same issue. Its not dropping video frames, purely audio stuttering

Narcogen

Log shows no performance issues. If it's not downstream of you (your network or Facebook) then it's upstream of OBS.

OBS can get stuttering from USB audio devices if it's using CPU encoding and the CPU overloads, but the log doesn't show that.

djshayper

Log shows no performance issues. If it's not downstream of you (your network or Facebook) then it's upstream of OBS.

OBS can get stuttering from USB audio devices if it's using CPU encoding and the CPU overloads, but the log doesn't show that.
It's peculiar isn't it. I've found a lot of threads with people having the same issue but there didn't seem to be a definitive fix. I thought it could be a sample rate issue but I've forced 48khz on both. Any suggestions?

djshayper

Anyone have any ideas? I have some more streams scheduled soon and don't want to have to shell out on an irig