Question / Help Audio slowly desync's more and more during streaming.

LuukeNukem

What are the causes of this happening to begin with? The thing that doesn't make sense to me, is that I used the same settings on the broadcast just before it, and didn't have any delay or desync in audio (looking at the archives).

What do I do?

paul Kemp

I us soundflower for audio and my is a consistent couple seconds behind. I am not super tech oriented so I am not sure what to do. I am capturing iPhone footage via quicktime I am not sure if its quick times issue or OBS's

ecarlstrom

I us soundflower for audio and my is a consistent couple seconds behind. I am not super tech oriented so I am not sure what to do. I am capturing iPhone footage via quicktime I am not sure if its quick times issue or OBS's
Go to the Soundflower icon, then to "Soundflower 2ch" or "Soundflower 64ch" (whichever you're using) -> Buffer Size, and see what it's set to. If you have a fairly large buffer size, this could be the reason. I think mine initially defaulted to 512, so check and see if any of the smaller sizes seem to help you.

Changing it to a smaller buffer size will mean less delay, but will also be slightly more taxing on your computer. The buffer size is the amount of time you're allowing for your sound card to process incoming audio, so as you decrease the number, two things happen: there is a shorter window (less delay) between input and output, and more processing power required for this quicker turnaround time.

LuukeNukem

Yeah I'm using soundflower for audio. I just wanna say that it works perfectly now, however I haven't made any changes to the settings or altered it at all.
What worked for me was just rebooting soundflower. :S