Question / Help Audio quit working, new OSX account fixed the problem. Ideas?

BillRayDrums

OK, so I've got OBS installed and it was working; I went out of town, didn't stream anything during that time and when I got home nothing worked. In the time I was gone, two things occurred:

1. OBS was updated
2. Loopback was updated

Somewhere something went goofy and I don't know where, but after a few hours of staring at my machine, making sure the system preferences were congruent with the software requirements and Loopback's signal was coming in... I could get nothing to work.

So I created a new user account in OSX and all of a sudden everything is fine.

Things I know- Loopback was finding the signal just fine, but getting OBS to load the Loopback audio input was futile so it seems to have blocked Loopback. In the "new" user account on my machine everything is working as it ought to.

So I guess my question is "how do I get my current user account's OBS setup to find the audio so I don't have to switch to another account when I want to stream?"

Thanks!

Eddie Jakes

I just figured it out. I think OBS dropped permissions when it updated. You just need to turn them back on. They came back with a new profile because it asks you when you first run the program.
Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 8.14.19 PM.png