Audio Poor quality

MMayor

Currently having a problem where the audio is poor quality.

Example: https://streamable.com/eirtyj

I've tried 44.1hz and 48hz but to no avail. Windows settings seem fine too (speakers set to stereo).

Have also tried simple and advanced recording settings (with 256 and 320kbps)...

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• audio.png
    audio.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 15

Lawrence_SoCal

I'm a newbie, and my audio knowledge is weak. So I doubt I'll be of direct help. But for others to help, you should describe your setup. For example, are you referring to microphone audio (bad mic, or setup), or other audio source? What have you done to optimize your audio settings (filters, etc) if anything? Is locally recorded stream content also suffering?

What you've posted so far isn't enough for someone to advise you, nor have you followed the beginner guides on collecting and uploading a log for troubleshooting. Hence the likely reason others haven't responded.
Good Luck

cs188

I've found that installing Apple Application Support (which includes iTunes codecs OBS can use for audio encoding) can drastically improve audio output quality from OBS. I've hosted the install file on my Dropbox since it's not always something straightforward to find:

This version is from 2018 but I don't think it matters much. Hope that helps.

MMayor

More information.

The audio is from the speakers, not mic. Setup is in screenshot in OP.

No filters have been added.

MMayor

I've found that installing Apple Application Support (which includes iTunes codecs OBS can use for audio encoding) can drastically improve audio output quality from OBS. I've hosted the install file on my Dropbox since it's not always something straightforward to find:

This version is from 2018 but I don't think it matters much. Hope that helps.
Kind of skeptical downloading this since it is your first post. I'll hold off until @Harold replies!

cs188

No worries, I made an account specifically to reply to this post. Honestly installing the latest iTunes or Quicktime directly from Apple should give you the same codecs anyway, so you could try that.

D

Deleted member 274374

Use the following link to download the latest version of the Apple codec: Apple codec
- Don't install, extract to folder
- Install only AppleApplicationSupport64