Audio output with the Virtual Camera.

Hello!

Please can someone help me understand something or tell me my machine is broken or something but..

I have OBS with multiple scenes. Each scene has audio going all the time.

When I stream, the active scene sends audio to the stream, when I record the active scene send the audio to the video. Only one audio is played at a time which is ideal.

Now for my issue. When I use the Virtual camera I want to send video and audio to Zoom. The camera works perfectly but the audio does not. I have looked at the work arounds using the Monitor settings but since all my scenes have audio playing all the time I just hear a noise of sounds and not just the active scene sound.

Please can someone send me a link or something to how this is meant to work.

Thank you.

OBS Virtual Camera doesn't provide sound, you need to install and configure a Virtual Audio Cable

Thank you for replying.

That video kinda answered my question about audio with the virtual camera. There is none so I cannot do what I was hoping.

Broadways8701

if you are using pulse audio you can create a virtual Mic and a Virtual Speaker and them pipe the virtual speaker to the virtual mic like so:
Bash:
pactl load-module module-null-sink sink_name="virtual_mic" sink_properties=device.description=Virtual_Microphone_Sink
pactl load-module module-null-sink sink_name="virtual_speaker" sink_properties=device.description="virtual_speaker"
pactl load-module module-remap-source master="virtual_speaker.monitor" source_name="virtual_mic" source_properties=device.description="virtual_mic"

Then choose the virtual speaker the default output or for the individual apps.
Next in OBS Settings => Audio => Advanced => Set "Monitoring Device" to the 'virtual_speaker'

if you want it to persist between boots create this file ~/.config/pulse/default.pa
Bash:
.include /etc/pulse/default.pa

load-module module-null-sink sink_name="virtual_mic" sink_properties=device.description=Virtual_Microphone_Sink
load-module module-null-sink sink_name="virtual_speaker" sink_properties=device.description="virtual_speaker"
load-module module-remap-source master="virtual_speaker.monitor" source_name="virtual_mic" source_properties=device.description="virtual_mic"

I was able to successfully Rick Roll some folks on discord and zoom with this

not sure how to hear the monitor on my headphones....