Audio output to Zoom - without using monitor

The Gray Man

Hi all,

Here's my situation.
  1. I'm using Zoom to host online church meetings, and to give me better control of video input I'm using OBS as well. So, webcam/video/stills etc into OBS, then OBS Virtual Cam into Zoom. So far, straightforward.
  2. Audio is the challenge. If I just use the OBS monitor to feed into Zoom (using a virtual audio cable) that works, but I have a few limitations.
    1. If I use speakers as my physical monitor device, I would get feedback from my mic.
    2. If I use something that isn't "turned up" (e.g. turn off my speakers) then the feedback problem goes away, but I can't then hear the output from videos I play.
    3. If I use headphones, that fixes feedback, but I don't really want to wear headphones! (or listen to my own voice).
  3. First solution therefore was to install Voicemeeter Banana, with the virtual output going to Zoom's audio input. Mic goes into VMB and out to virtual output only, while Video etc goes into VMB and out to both physical output (speakers) and virtual output (Zoom).
  4. That works, but doesn't allow me to control audio from within OBS. Ideally I'd like to set up different scenes so that, for example, when a scene with a video is playing, my mic is automatically muted. I could do that with handling all audio from within OBS (using audio input and output capture sources), but then I'm back to the problem of Zoom only getting what's fed into OBS monitors.
With me so far? There must be some way to do this. One thing that occurred to me is to somehow setup OBS to stream to a virtual device on the same computer, which Zoom can pick up - i.e. instead of OBS VirtualCam, it's OBS VirtualStream. Or something. Any ideas???

Thanks!
Ian