Question / Help Audio Out Of Sync

NorfolkGreg

I am fairly new to Linux, and never attempted streaming before.

Yesterday I succeeded in creating a channel for a YouTube broadcast, installed OBS-Studio (I'm running Linux Mint 17.3 - Mate desktop) and succeeded in a streaming a short test video with my webcam. (This is all planned to test possibilities, as our local church is thinking of broadcasting one of its services.)

The only problem appeared to be that what arrived on my computer from YouTube had the sound out of sync. I'm not sure how much by but it might have been as much as a second.

I see there is a control under the "Advanced Audio Properties"where I seem to be able to adjust the audio offset, but I am unclear on the best way to set this accurately given that the output from YouTube is delayed by several seconds. Is this even the right approach? Is there some control at YouTube I should be using instead?

Nyarlathotep

Try recording some content (without streaming) and see if the audio is out of sync. If so, adjust the offset until the audio and video match. After that, try streaming.

NorfolkGreg

Many thanks! Why didn't I think of that.

I'll certainly try it. (but don't expect a quick response. Busy week or two coming up.)