Question / Help Audio Offset has zero effect

I've read all the threads on audio offset and I cannot get the offset to lock in. I have utilized the "clap" test from an OBS recording in Davinci Resolve and at 30 fps, have determined a 4 frame latency on the video ... 100 ms. I've seen this reply countless times, but it does not seem relevant to a fix:"

Do be aware that offsets are only going to be reflected on an outgoing livestream, or the playback of a recorded video file. It will not alter the offset through the monitoring system, and the movement of the bars in the mixer will also not reflect the offset with any kind of delay. You can test this by setting an audio source's delay to 5000ms in Advanced Audio Properties and then recording a video, which will upon playback cause the audio to occur 5 seconds late in the video.
Audio delay is NOT reflected in realtime and will still appear to be 'off', aside from the actual streamed output or recorded video playback. Just to be clear. :) "

I am re-recording after applying the offset, with the same results. I have rebooted after the change has been made. I have restarted OBS. I have even reinstalled the NDI runtime, etc. I had an embarrassing live stream (music performance) last week and I wish to avoid it going forward. Please tell me there is a resolve and I am missing something. Perhaps an additional plugin? I am happy to do whatever it takes. Thanks!

OBS Version 25.0.8
NDI 4 Runtime

SlavikCA

I had the same issue on my Mac Catalina system: audio offset was ignored.

Then I tried I to add VST plugin and that audio offset setting started work.
Then I removed that VST plugin and audio offset continue to work.

Of course, it good, that it's working, but since it still a mystery to me, I'm afraid it can stop working anytime the same way.

Thank you. I will try that. I actual tried the reaper VST: ReaPlugs VST v2.36 64-bit but I still had failure. I know I have a latency issue of 150 ms. I compensated from my mixing board (pre-OBS) and that takes care of it, but I do not have much headroom left in case it goes beyond 6 frames at 30 fps. I will give Voxengo a try. Thank you!

xon

I'm REALLYY curious if you guys successfully managed to add a delay to a audio input! I also installed the plugin and it installed just fine (checked this in the log) but when I add a delay it has no effect at all on the particular audio input ( a microphone in my case).

I tried this plugin because of the fact that the build in audio sync delay in OBS does not work for monitoring audio. I first thought that audio filters also were disabled for the monitoring audio, but when I tried to use (for example) a gain or compressor filter it does work on the monitoring audio. So really like to hear if you got it working

I added the plugin as mentioned above. After installing it, it seemed that OBS delay started working just fine and did not need the plugin I had installed