Audio not recorded

MatthiasVHS

Like so many others here I can't get the audio of my VHS being recorded? After trying for quite some time I succeeded by myself to see the video and hear the audio from the VHS, but the audio is not recorded. What's wrong? There are no earphones in my laptop.

Attachments

• OBS.jpg
    OBS.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 12
  • OBS2.jpg
    OBS2.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 12

FerretBomb

You should only have one Desktop device (the other should be disabled), same with the Microphone device(s).
If you scroll down in the Mixer while recording, do the Mic devices show activity?

If you are using the default Windows "Movies and TV" application to play back the recordings, don't. Download VLC instead.

Please post a logfile from a test recording session where you were trying to capture video/audio from your capture device, and we'll be able to take a look at what's happening on the back end.

There's a LOT of things this could be, especially with low-cost no-name capture devices in use.

MatthiasVHS

The mic devices all show activity, just like the desktop device. Only the video recording device shows no activity, but maybe that's normal. Now I disabled everything you said, although I thought I already tried that, and now it works. But the sound is very bad, is there a way to improve that?