Question / Help Audio not in sync with Game play?

koncept33

Hey everyone!

I've noticed that when looking back on streams and watching clips the audio always happens about a half second to 1 second before the game play happens. I'll post an example from my gf's last stream (HEADPHONE WARNING SHE HAS A LOUD REACTION)

https://clips.twitch.tv/ShinySassyAsparagusKeepo

If you notice, her reaction happens a little bit before the event happens. Is there a way to have that match up better? Thanks!

*** EDIT: To clarify, the game play and game play audio is totally fine, it's whatever is said into the microphone that is not synced. For example: If playing Outlast and a jump scare happens, our reaction would be audible about 1-2 seconds BEFORE the actual jump scare happens on stream. Whatever is said in the microphone always comes out 1 - 2 seconds early for some reason.

Last edited:
Hi koncept33,

is your audio out of sync all the time? Or does it get out of sync during the stream?
If case a):
--> click the cogwheel in the audio section and select "advanced audio settings" (or something like this [maybe "advanced" or "properties"?] - I don't have OBS here right now ^^)
--> there should be a column where you can adjust the sync
If case b):
--> check your audio bitrate if it's set to aruond 128kbit/s-160kbit/s
--> go to the settings in case a and Check/Uncheck the box for Use Device Timestamps

kind regards
Maggi

koncept33

My audio bitrate is 160

I don't see any settings regarding syncing in OBS.

Yes, I believe that with all of my streams the audio always happens about 1 - 2 seconds before the game play happens. Keep in mind what I mean by audio, I mean my microphone. The game itself is fine, but whenever I talk or have a reaction it is not in sync with what happens in game.

koncept33

Hate to be that guy, but really struggling to find a solution :( all the videos and articles I’ve found relate to the game audio not the microphone :/ any help would be so appreciated!

Semtecz

At the start of my stream my mic audio starts of being not synced with my gameplay,but in 14 minutes (I timed it) its all synced up again. Anyone know why it starts off not being synced?

koncept33

Did more research and still not able to find anything about this :( If anyone has any ideas/fixes I'm all ears and beyond grateful!