Audio Monitoring Works But Doesn't Audio Save In Recording?

machsushi

I'm currently trying to digitize some old VHS-C tapes I have, and my setup is as follows: I have the VHS-C tapes in a VHS adapter playing through an old VHS machine, which is then connected via a series of adapters and eventually a video capture card into my laptop. I can usually get the video and audio monitoring to play on OBS, and everything seems fine while I'm playing the VHS-C tapes and recording. However, when I view the recording file afterward, it for some reason never has any audio, despite the audio monitoring sounding perfectly fine while it was recording. Notably, I hear static noise until I start press play on the VHS player and then the actual tape audio will play. My mic/auxiliary audio is set to the USB device. Could anyone help me with this?

Attachments

• 2023-12-20 22-15-14.txt
    7.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

AaronD

Screenshot your audio and recording settings. OBS's audio is a mess, so it's entirely possible that you missed something.

Mark AK

I'm currently trying to digitize some old VHS-C tapes I have, and my setup is as follows: I have the VHS-C tapes in a VHS adapter playing through an old VHS machine, which is then connected via a series of adapters and eventually a video capture card into my laptop. I can usually get the video and audio monitoring to play on OBS, and everything seems fine while I'm playing the VHS-C tapes and recording. However, when I view the recording file afterward, it for some reason never has any audio, despite the audio monitoring sounding perfectly fine while it was recording. Notably, I hear static noise until I start press play on the VHS player and then the actual tape audio will play. My mic/auxiliary audio is set to the USB device. Could anyone help me with this?
I am having the same problem except on a pc.