Audio Mixer to stay up when OBS is minimized, and taskbar accessible when full screen projector preview is active

MrGhost

Here are 2 things I need a lot, pretty much just like the title says:

I need the audio mixer to stay up when OBS is minimized. I have it set to be undocked, it does however get minimized right alongside the main obs window. Can it be detatched, or at the very least set as a window source in OBS. This is a huge pain I mix over 20 sources of audio over 2 computers.

I use the full screen projector (preview side) to put my music computer's OBS as the display on the streaming computer under its rainmeter there. Unfortunately I have to open a windows hotkey window such as Win+R or Win, in order to access the taskbar while the fullscreen preview is active. Yes I know this is not a typical use but it's the best way for me. So what I need and I don't know if it's possible to do, is to be able to just have the taskbar come unhid, while the full screen projector is covering the desktop.

As a curious aside observation I have found that my streamdeck will minimize the fullscreen projector (preview), and bring it back to any (set) location as a window. If I minimize the fullscreen projector, then open another, I can get multiple fullscreen projectors. However there is no way to maximize them reliably with stream deck.

Last edited:

MrGhost

...oh and I almost forgot, but it would be really significant for me if I could somehow detatch the streaming status section and keep that maximized as well (the green / red square and other details in the lower right in the OBS interface). Ideally there would be a seperate item that could just stay fixed or moved around, pinned on top of the other things such as the fullscreen projector. A small detail that would really help me a lot, as the green square is instantly recognizable as streaming bitrate status indicator, and I experience occasional dropouts in bandwidth quality, such as at the end of every paid data cycle.

MrGhost

oh and I almost totally forgot until today, 1 week later, that I really need to be able to set a hotkey to open up a full screen projector of the preview. So that's my reason for a third post here. I know I am just one user, but with the hotkey, I can then open a full screen projector from the streamdeck. Thing is, when the obs is parked off the left side of the screen, it becomes really hard to get to that preview pane and right click it, the window would have to be moved. This is why a hotkey is key for this. The window would no longer need to be dragged back on the screen, while the full screen projector could be seen in the current window side of the OBS studio. Then if necessary, it can be parked under the mixer so that only the mixer, and the green broadcast light will be seen.

Anyone else with similar problems may wish to try the following: When you minimize the full screen projector with a system minimize in streamdeck, you can then re maximize it, if it was the last thing you clicked, about 75% of the time, and when you remaximize it to the 1x1pixel of the screen (set a location by using the streamdeck plugin 'windowsmover'), you can access the taskbar while it (the full screen projection) is there on screen being broadcasted. Just a tweak I've been working on this week.

Last edited:

MrGhost

Anyone else with similar problems may wish to try the following: When you minimize the full screen projector with a system minimize in streamdeck, you can then re maximize it, if it was the last thing you clicked, about 75% of the time, and when you remaximize it to the 1x1pixel of the screen (set a location by using the streamdeck plugin 'windowsmover'), you can access the taskbar while it (the full screen projection) is there on screen being broadcasted. Just a tweak I've been working on this week.

To clarify this process, you can always get the minimized fsp by going on the taskbar it will be next to obs. This can then be clicked with the mouse, and the streamdeck can move it around to whatever locations you pre program with the streamdeck windowsmover plugin. I think this plugin is also necessary to minimize and maximize the windows. Unfortunately this plugin will not park the obs off the left side of the screen. Of course this is due to windows placing the window relative to its upper left corner. It will park it off the right side no problem and yes I tried inputting a negative x value in the windows mover plugin but that doesn't work.

So it is clear that you can always get the full screen projection to move to the 1x1 pixel with the windows mover plugin and the streamdeck, and so you can always get the taskbar. Not only 75% of the time as I said previously which of course takes a little setting up. What takes place only a percentage of the time, is a remaximize fsp after minimizing the fsp usually I just end up moving the OBS main window to the default maximize location of the plugin. That seems to depend on what other programs you have open at the time and what your system is focusing on and is more like 25%.