Audio/Mic Issues

Merc Chef

Hello all

Thought I would give this a shot

Im streaming from my Xbox One S to my laptop via OBS.
I am using the following equip

Elgato HD60s
Elgato chat cable
Wired Headset w/mic

I had all the issues of cross platform chat being recorded solved with the exception of my mic being too quiet.
To that end I bought a Yeti Nano and after I set it up I had issues with no game and chat audio but the mic worked like a dream
Tried all the settings on the xbox and via the software for the nano and in OBS itself.
I have looked but not found any working fix or way anywhere. Lots of clickbait and endruns but nothing concrete

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

stay safe and healthy

Merc Chef

What is your actual audio routing setup? Which mic is being too quiet, and where?

I was running my headset from the Elgato chat cable into the controller. worked perfectly except for a muffled sort of audio but it is workable in a pinch
I followed a number of different ways to set up the Nano from plugging direct into the xbox, and into the laptop as well.
Could hear the nano perfectly but it cancelled out all the game audio as well as the chat audio that was not mine.

If you need more info please ask and Ill find a way to get it. Thanks and much appreciated

carlmmii

The way things should work is that your headset mic is only used for xbox chat purposes, and the Nano is only used for OBS. The Elgato should be capturing game audio and party/game chat (basically everything that you hear in your headset).

Just make sure your headset is plugged into the chat link, and the rest is connected as shown here, with the short end plugged into the controller, and the long end plugged into the Elgato. The Nano should be plugged directly into your laptop.

From there, you should be able to balance the Elgato's audio level with the level of the Nano. You may need to adjust the Nano's level using whatever software it comes with, as I've heard it can have issues with clipping.