Bug Report Audio loss (but still displays as if it's working)

DrizzintahL

My audio will randomly stop streaming. On the mixer I can see the level spike when I make noise with my input, or when my desktop makes noise such as spotify or ankhbot.

I don't realize it's happening until the stream viewers tell me, and I need to go into audio options and select another device, apply, then back to my original device, apply, and it's fixed. Can't figure out what causes it. Could it be my encoding settings? Logfile attached.

https://gist.github.com/9785369c19217dbce534

DrizzintahL

I've got speakers plugged into a 990FX Sabertooth R2 which is RealTek HD Audio, but using Virtual Audio Cables for Line 1 and Line 2, all desktop sound is set to Line 2, then repeater from Line 2 to my Gamecom 780 USB headset (also a 2nd repeater from Line 2 to Logitech G35, so my girlfriend and I can dual stream without using speakers / mic reverb). Line 1 is default input on apps like Teamspeak, OBSM, Discord, and Adobe Audition cleans up the signal from Blue Snowball to Line 1.

Old OBS works fine with this setup, OBSM has a cutout issue as described above. I spent all morning setting OBSM up because I heard the chroma key was added to videos, so you no longer have to make a FLV and remove the alpha layer for a green screen effect, also the key binding for any source was nice (even though that doesn't seem to work for added media file, such as FLV) so you still are forced to use key bindings to change Scenes back and forth to have videos overlay your stream.

Please don't take this as a rant, and any more questions I'd be happy to answer. I realize this is freeware and I absolutely love it, just sad OBSM is giving me these issues and I'd love to learn that it's an oversight on my part and something I can fix on my end without sacrificing features ^_^

fatmatrow

they just posted another OBS MP update yesterday, I was having the same problems, I uninstalled the OBS version from a week ago, installed the newer one from yesterday, and everything worked like a charm

DrizzintahL

I just downloaded it this morning, could you describe your problem?

I'm rockin 0.13.1-rc1 obsm (now I'm using old OBS, because these reasons, but this is what I was working with)

Videophile

Elgato
Well, there's this in your logs:

Code:
05:14:52.455: Loading module: coreaudio-encoder.dll
05:14:52.467: [CoreAudio encoder]: Failed loading library 'CoreAudioToolbox.dll'
05:14:52.467: [CoreAudio encoder]: Couldn't load CoreAudio AAC encoder

Not sure why this happens, but maybe @Jim has an idea.

DrizzintahL

That doesn't pan out for me, I hope someone can make sense of it. I'll run or report whatever helps out with this issue. I like the new features of OBSM but this is crippling.

Also, not really worth starting another thread over, when I do game capture, selecting a game is like old OBS's window capture, and thus any overlay I'm running is also caught on stream (in this case, Xsplit gamecaster for the in-game chat overlay), and when I select "capture any fullscreen" it doesn't count my Fullscreen Borderless game, so I think with OBSM my only option is fullscreen and having to alt-tab while streaming *shudder* or having any overlay on my stream, so I have chat twice on my stream :(

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
@LtRoyalShrimp It happens when you don't have the Apple Application Support library installed (e.g. you don't use iTunes/Quicktime/etc.). OBS-MP will just fall back to Media Foundation and ffmpeg encoders.

@DrizzintahL There is an option for enabling/disabling the capture of third-party overlays in your game capture source's properties window, scroll down to the bottom. The "capture any fullscreen program" should work with games running in borderless mode as well, though it can sometimes take a little longer to hook and they will need to have focus.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
CoreAudio is considered superior, yes. If you don't want to install any Apple stuff just download one of their installers, open it in a program like WinRAR or 7-Zip, extract the two AppleApplicationSupport MSI files and run them separately.