Question / Help Audio Line from VideoGame runs out of synchro in Adobe Premiere CC | Bitrate not constant at 50000?!

c0nsecro

Well Guys,

I've recording some gameplays now with OBS-MP and got the decent Problem, that my audio-line from my game runs out of synch, after Adobe align it. I'm using Adobe Premiere CC v9 and yesterday I recorded a video with mp4 -> async. I rename it from .mp4 to .mov and that seems to work. So I recorded with .mov next time, but now it's async again. I captured with CBR like I do it it with the other OBS version too, but now it failed? With VLC the recorder material is sync all over the time. I hope anyone got a solution :( ?

c0nsecro

I think the problem is the align from audio and video in Premiere Pro. If you add new material, you can see the align-process in the right bottom corner. Maybe there is an option do deactivate this ... I search for it online and found a lot of people who got the same problem like me, after switching from Premiere CC 2014 to 2015, but can't find a solution at the moment.

Update: Well, I checked the bitrate, because the last time I got this problem, this wasn't constant in cause of VBR. And what I see there, is realy creapy, because I capture with 50000 Bit/s, but the rate ist only at 34.000-35.000 Bit/s. The old captures with the OBS v0.657b are constant with 50000 Bit/s, I added the specefic buffer from 50000 Bit in retrospect, but maybe this is the reason why my audio is running out of sync?

Attachments

• settingsoutput.JPG
    settingsoutput.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 34
  • bitrate.JPG
    bitrate.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Osiris

CBR doesn't work very well in the Media Foundation's implementation of NVENC.
Classic OBS has a native implementation of NVENC, which OBS-mp will be getting in the future too.

c0nsecro

What :( ? It's possible to say, when the useage of NVENC will be fixed? When you say the classic OBS has a native implementation of NVENC, maybe it's possible to "copy paste" it from there?

Otherwise I should still use the classical OBS, until this issue is fixed, but got already two programms contemporaneous again, which reduce my gaming power :( ...

Edit: Maybe the problem is the missing setting of CBR padding, which was available in classic OBS, but not in OBS-MP? Because I'm using it in the classic version.

Edit2: Well, seemed to be, that OBS gets out of audiosynch between 25-27mins when I record ~1h13mins in one file. Strange ... tested all settings to record with ... CBR, CQP ... changed the puffertime from 1000 to 100 in the "advanced"-tab ... nothing. Please fix this bug with NVIDIA NVENC as fast as possible, with classic OBS it worked perfect :( .

Last edited:

Osiris

Can't fix that, it's a shortcoming in Media Foundation, which is something made by Microsoft.
Like i said there will be a native implementation of NVENC in the future, when that will get implemented, I don't know

c0nsecro

Well, so I try to record shorter gameplays, until the "bug" is fixed. Maybe you can answer here, if you hear something about an update for the native implementation?