Audio keeps getting lost by OBS?

MadFoole

Hello,

I'm new to trying to stream/record gameplay videos, and I've been having a consistent problem with OBS studio "hearing" the sound from my video capture card. It's a USB card that's "plug and play," with an HDMI port for the input. I hooked it up to my Nintendo Switch, found a handy YouTube video on how to set it up so both I hear the sound and the audience will too.

However, OBS doesn't always "hear" the audio from the card. Sometimes shutting the program down and starting it up again fixes it. Sometimes rebooting the whole computer fixes it. It's not a loose connection, because I still get the VIDEO just fine, but when I look at the channel for the Switch's audio in the mixer... it's dead. OBS just isn't hearing anything, even when I go into a game and have it on the "press any button" screen where music is constantly playing. I see the microphone and desktop audio tracks reading out as noises are made on those channels, but OBS believes my Switch is silent. Today I've tried *four times* trying to get it to work, and have not found a solution. Please advise.

Attachments

• 2020-07-27 14-28-18.txt
    10.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 2020-07-27 14-28-42.txt
    10.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 2020-07-27 14-29-21.txt
    10.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 2020-07-27 14-32-51.txt
    6.1 KB · Views: 1