Audio is messed up in recordings.

whough

I recently downloaded OBS to start streaming on YouTube. I initially watched a few videos to see how to set it up and how the software works. I tested the recording and when I went to play it back, all I heard was static. I tried the Noise Suppression under the Mic/Aux gear > Filter and this did not help at all. I tried different values and all had the same resort. I unplugged my headset and found that the static stopped, so is this just my headset?

Here is the log:

Lawrence_SoCal

I'm a newbie, so take the following accordingly
That is an old (9yr?), low-end 2nd Gen i3 CPU (11th gen just released), and not much RAM either (and I'm guessing a HDD vs SSD?)... Video encoding is a resource intensive task, so getting this to work will depend on exactly what you are doing. I had a newer CPU/system (about 5 yrs old gaming laptop), and it chocked on what I was trying to stream. So... could be your headset, or simply that PC is completely overloaded (what I suspect). Are you watching in Task Mgr (performance) or Resource Monitor to see how various components are performing (or being overwhelmed)?
As for OBS, you have a base canvas and output resolution that are different (meaning of lot of conversion work) and your audio shows both 48 and 44.1 Khz sample rates (speakers vs microphone).
Hopefully someone much more knowledgeable than I will respond to you. In the mean time, to try and get anything to work, I start with researching on OBS optimizations for low-end systems. Start with stream output and base/canvas being all same resolution (and with that CPU, reduce resource needs by sticking with 720p. I've read on these forums recommendations to make sure audio sample rates (Speakers and microphone) are the same (again lowering effort for the CPU). Then simple PC optimizations of making sure all unnecessary background processes/tasks turned off
Good luck